Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Purple Look

Hey Guys!

Again, I'm getting bad at posting, but meh for now. Still holidays and I'm totally bored. Came up with this really cute business idea that I wrote a plan and timeline for. More details at a later date.

As the title suggests, I have a makeup look for you all. I bought this el cheapo BYS metallics palette today and thought to give a try-out and mini review. It's the pinks and purple palette that has 8 shadows for $5. Overall, I will use this product again but not everyday. The shadows are talc based and smell like baby powder, but aren't overly chalky and contain a decent amount of pigment. Pretty easy to blend as they're metallic, but they aren't crease-proof. I ran out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion so I just used my everyday face primer instead. There is a very mild crease at the moment, but I can't really give any more info about creasing until later on tonight.

This is my attempt at a more day-appropriate look using the Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Charcoal, inner highlight has a small swipe and blend of Maybelline Shadow Stylist in Contempory White, glitter spots are made by the BYS Glitter Mascara in 01 Silver Glitter and mascara is Maybelline Collosal Volum' Express in Black. Excuse my brows, I have an appointment with my brow stylist tomorrow. Think the look would be better if I was wearing some blue circle lens, rather than have my eye colour au naturale.


Going out to Elfy's tonight, which should be fun. Trying to gather the motivation to pack, but it's hard lol. I'm going to do a coppery sort of Arabic inspired look using the other palette that I picked up today. The coppery palette is much more pigmented than the purple palette, but both shadows work well. I might re-do it later as a dramatic night look using a darker purple and some false lashes. 

Later!
xo Julia

No comments: