Monday, November 1, 2010

Stress! And Monday Strikes Again! (DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN)

Hey Guys!

Ever had one of those days? Where nothing is going the way it should be and the temptation to either scream or bash your head against a brick wall is clouding your judgement? I'm having one as we speak and it's a curious case of the revenge of The Mondays.

Very few people know of the pure evil that is Monday, where students and employees are forced to leave their warm, comfortable beds in Arctic conditions to learn to live or live to work. It's a vicious cycle that has never been broken. Well, except in Egypt, because their weekends are on Thursday and Friday due to Friday being a day of prayer and the like. But it just means that they must hate their Saturdays as much as we hate Mondays. Or as I hate Mondays.

Most Saturday and Sunday mornings result in me waking earlier than I do to go to school, simply due to the fact that I normally start at 7am and that it takes a good 20 minutes to muster the will just to get out of bed, let alone get ready for work. But alas, the few mornings that I don't start at 7am make me relish any extra time I have with which to sleep in, which is something that has become quite unheard of within my world and is something that could be closely tied to Heaven. Lovely to think about but you won't quite know whether or not it exists until no one can hear your loud shrieks of joy and funness of the cloud roller coaster and shirtless guys. But whatever.

But there are certain perks to working in the morning. I can sleep for the rest of the day if I feel like it and can go out in the afternoon. But it also means that it’s warm enough to do domestic things around the house and clean my room, a task not attempted for at least 2 months now. The only condition that my brother gave me was that as long as I could find everything within a minute or two, he didn't care. Which is fine with me.

In my Geography class, the teacher (Sully - not his real last name lol) actually acknowledged Emily, who we had all believed to be invisible in his eyes. At the moment I’m attempting to complete the report draft that is due in a week tonight so that I can slap it on his desk tomorrow morning instead of procrastinating. This is a habit that I’m currently trying to rid myself of. And while it may sound easy to those of you that have never been labelled as a 'hardcore procrastinator' it's easy to just say that I'm lazy, which is true, but the sheer terror of assignments just makes me turn to MSN or Blogger to fill the void of time that I've just acquired.

But enough of this now, for I have to go and shower and finish this report. A big defeated sigh right here.

Monday strikes again. Well played Monday, well played.

No comments: